Please leave your questions in the comments for my next Q&A Tuesday video.
These were both really quick ones. I’ve been doing them later in the evening for a number of reasons. Today is Q&A Tuesday, please leave questions for me in the comments!
Videoblog 17/365 | Sunday Without Friends
Videoblog 18/365 | Quick Update
I have loved Julia Nunes for a very long time. I went to one of her living room concerts, hearing her perform live made me cry and she signed my shirt. Anyway, she came out with a new album last year and I just got it. It’s called Some Feelings and it’s amazing. Here are two songs from the album for your listening pleasure. Make Out is my favorite song of the moment. I listen to it at least three times a day. If you want more to listen to, Fondly Enough and Don’t Feel are also really great. Don’t Feel has a really cool music video.
Featured image from JuliaNunes.com.
Make Out – Julia Nunes from the album Some Feelings
Something Bad – Julia Nunes from the album Some Feelings
I made a list of January goals on the 2nd and I was thinking now would be a good time to revisit those goals. My mood is sinking fast. I’ve gone from a solid ten at the end of December and beginning of January down to a four in recent days. This is no good. I’ve been trying to fill my time with distractions, watching Nurse Jackie in the afternoons since afternoons are the toughest time for me. But I need to see what other things I could be doing to keep myself out of this slump. Yay coping skills.
My daily schedule also needs to be tweaked I think. It’s been hard for me to fill those afternoons, so I need that part of my schedule to be a little more solid each day. A lot of days I just schedule the morning and leave the afternoon, which is the most crucial time, to be open, which is not helpful.
Okay, first the goals:
- Videoblog daily.
- I’ve stuck with this but it’s getting harder.
- The unPlanner
- I’ve also been working in my unPlanner.
- Art Journal every other day.
- This one I haven’t been doing consistently.
- Recovery and treatment goals.
- The only one here I’m not doing is I’m not active enough.
- One crochet project.
- Putting this one off.
- Read four books.
- Currently reading Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix, but it’s slow going. I think this is one I should focus on, since it will take up a good portion of time and can fill those long afternoons.
- Track moods.
- I do this every day in my unPlanner.
- Visit Dad, Ellen & David.
And my daily schedule, if I’m going to be completely honest with myself, has lately been looking something like this.
- 8:00 | Journal, Meds, Meditation, Motivational video
- 8:30 | Mess around on the computer.
- 9:00 | Do enough chores to skate by.
- 9:30 | Reluctantly shower.
- 10:00 | More time on the computer, sometimes blogging, sometimes working on the unPlanner, sometimes watching videos.
- 11:30 | Support Group, though the time varies, is usually sometime around here.
- 1:30 | Lunch
- 2:00 | Videoblog.
- 3:00 | This is when I stop doing anything productive and start moping about until Nicole gets home. The last few days I’ve watched Netflix here.
- 6:30 | Nicole gets home and we have dinner.
- 7:00 | Finish uploading and posting the videoblog if I haven’t already.
- 8:00 | Bedtime-ish.
So I definitely see some trouble spots typing this up. The afternoon is tough, which I already knew. I’m better at keeping myself occupied in the morning though it’s not always with something particularly productive. I think that’s okay though. Right now I need to focus not on super productivity but on keeping myself occupied in general around every turn. I don’t mind falling back on Netflix in the afternoon. But I know there are other things I’d like to be doing, like reading and art journaling. Maybe I should alternate between watching an episode of a show and doing one of those things. Just bounce around more with what I’m doing. I think that could work. I would also like to be going to the gym, which takes up about an hour, in the afternoon. I’m not scared of the gym anymore. I put it in my schedule every day but I didn’t do it at all this week. So I think that will take up some more time too.
Okay, I think I have a plan of action. Gym in the afternoon, followed by Netflix, reading and art journaling. In the mornings I think I’ll keep with how things are going, although I’d like to shower right when I wake up. I did that for a week and it sets my day to an easier start since I don’t have to mess with it later in the morning when I’m awake enough to realize how much I hate to shower. :)
Comment question: if you set some January goals how are they coming along?
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to be awesome,
Comment question of the day: what do you do when y0u’re feeling down to help boost your mood?
I’m trying to eat healthy. It’s not going so great.
Comment question of the day: what keeps you motivated to eat healthy?
Back in December of 2004 I got my first film SLR camera. It was just a simple camera, but to me, it was everything. Below are some photos I took with it in January of 2005. I’ve been thinking about getting that camera out of storage actually and shooting with film for fun. I think it needs a battery but otherwise I have no reason to think it wouldn’t work. In the past I’ve shot with disposable cameras for fun. It’s so different than what we’re used to nowadays with the immediate gratification of the screen on the back of a digital camera.
I remember when I had this camera I followed a lot of photographers on DeviantArt and was always so jealous of their DSLR cameras. Back then it didn’t seem like it would ever be reasonable for me to own one. Then I got a job taking photos for my college newspaper and had access to one, which was amazing. Now I live in a household with three of them. But I still never got as creative with my photography as I remember those photographers I loved were.
Funny that if I won the billion dollar Powerball jackpot, I actually wouldn’t be all that frivolous with it. But here are a few things I would do with that 1.whatever billion dollars anyway. Once I paid off my debt, of course.
Comment question of the day: what would you do with the Powerball jackpot?
I really want to travel. This little Airstream travel trailer is just adorable and the perfect size for us. From Airstream.
Mom swears by this blender and her morning smoothies. From Ninja.
Gotta have a place to store all the stuff I’m going to have to buy for art journaling and whatnot. From The Original ScrapBox.
And while we’re talking about arts, let’s hit up a camera lens. I still want a wide angle. From Nikon.
Let’s throw in a big beautiful iMac to edit all those photos. From Best Buy.
Also on my list, but not really linkable:
- Violin lessons.
- Dog training for Dolly.
- A new living room TV. (The current one is about to go out. This is Nicole’s department though, so I’m not even going to try to look.)
- Stands for our washer and dryer. (Also Nicole’s department.)
- A real haircut. (I cut my own hair.)
- Ad space on a few blogs I like.
- A new wardrobe from Torrid.